Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+351, -20] Either way, it goes without saying that Gangnam has been changing for the better since dating Lee Sang Hwa. I find it amazing that he’s choosing to naturalize now especially with the times being what it is.
2. [+281, -11] I’m sure he has his own plans in mind..
3. [+251, -8] His career and life have both taken root in Korea and with the Korean-Japanese conflict going on, I’m sure he felt uncomfortable in the middle of it. With his significant other being Korean as well, I think it’s great that he chose to naturalize. Congratulations, Gangnam.
4. [+16, -4] I really don’t think he’s doing it to marry her since he would’ve gotten citizenship by marrying her without having to naturalize first.
5. [+12, -2] His career is going well but with the Korean-Japanese conflict going on, the first people to feel the effects of that are obviously going to be the Japanese working in Korea. He can go to Japan but he’ll just be a normal Korean-Japanese whereas he has a career here that will improve with him becoming naturalized.
6. [+10, -2] Whatever the reason, it was a big decision for him during these times
7. [+9, -1] I think there’s deeper meaning to his decision than just that. I’ve never considered him a foreigner anyway and I support his decision~~~
8. [+6, -0] He’s making enough to build his own building in Seoul, it’s way better for him to naturalize… and his mother is Korean too.
9. [+3, -0] Yeah, I doubt a relationship is enough to make someone naturalize..
10. [+1, -0] I welcome him and he really does seem to have matured since dating Lee Sang Hwa. As for their future wedding plans, it’s none of our business.