Gisselle Acevedo, President & CEO, Ackerman Institute for the Family, announced today the emcee and honorees for the 13th Annual Moving Families Forward Gala to take place at the InterContinental New York Barclay on Monday, October 21st, in New York City.
The event benefits the vital programs and ongoing services for children and families at the Ackerman Institute for the Family.
The 2019 Honorees:
· Christina Ackermann, Executive Vice President, General Counsel of Bausch Health, and one of the Financial Times’ top 20 General Counsels globally for 2019, will be receiving the Ackerman Courageous Leadership Award.
· Ashley De La Rosa, currently on Broadway as Janelle Woods in Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, will be receiving the Ackerman Diversity & Inclusion Award.
· Tamsen Fadal, 12-time Emmy-winning journalist for PIX11 News, executive producer and host of Broadway Profiles for The Broadway Channel, three-time author, speaker, and active philanthropist, will be honored with the Ackerman Family Advocate Award.
· Maria Hinojosa, Founder & President of Futuro Media Group, Anchor and Executive Producer of Latino USA, will be receiving the Ackerman Humanitarian Award.
· Kate Snow, anchor of NBC Nightly News Sunday, an award-winning Senior National Correspondent for NBC News, and contributing reporter for Nightly News with Lester Holt, TODAY, and Dateline NBC, will be honored with the Ackerman Champion of Hope Award.
Ackerman’s Social Work and Diversity Program, the 27-year old initiative that diversifies the family therapy field, will be receiving the Ackerman Legacy Honor.
“We are thrilled to be honoring five outstanding leaders who are inspiring others to embrace hope, courage, and equity, and let their voices be heard,” says Gisselle Acevedo, President & CEO, Ackerman Institute for the Family. “Christina Ackermann is a courageous global business leader with high ethical standards and passion for diversity and inclusion. Ashley De La Rosa is a gifted actress whose commitment to acceptance flows into her art. As our Gala Emcee for the past five years, the brilliant journalist Tamsen Fadal has shone a light on families, of every form and legacy, who come to Ackerman seeking healthy relationships and improved mental health. Maria Hinojosa is an inspirational leader, known as a fighter of indifference and a mentor to the next generation of diverse journalists reporting in communities whose stories otherwise go untold. And Kate Snow’s own family stories of hardship and hope have been told with the grace and truth of the very talented journalist we know her to be. Lastly, we are delighted to be honoring Ackerman’s Social Work and Diversity Program. With more than 150 therapists of color, mentored and supported for 27 years, the program’s impact exemplifies our whole-hearted belief that strong alliances, including those undergirded by shared identities, create change and drive success for our families and our communities.”
The 2019 Moving Families Forward Gala Co-Chairs are Leslie Roberts and Deborah Werner; Honorary Chair is Jeanette Monninger; Gala Planning Committee members are Gisselle Acevedo, Martha Fling, Victoria R. Kahn, Gisella Lemos, Nicole Poteat, and Janine Weisenbeck.
LaChanze will be presenting the Ackerman Family Advocate Award to Tamsen Fadal. Joseph Papa, Chairman of the Board & CEO, Bausch Health will be presenting the Ackerman Courageous Leadership Award to Christina Ackermann. Board/Committee member Nicole Poteat will be presenting the Ackerman Diversity & Inclusion Award to Ashley De La Rosa. Board member Ira Sallen will be presenting the Ackerman Champion of Hope Award to Kate Snow.
Corporate sponsors of the Gala include:
· Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
· Davis Polk & Wardwell
· Farmers Insurance
· Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner
· Norton Rose Fulbright
· Simpson Thacher & Bartlett
“We applaud our corporate sponsors who stand with us in recognizing the importance of mental health. We are encouraged by the recognition of employee wellbeing as an organizational value in corporations locally and globally,” says Acevedo.
To purchase tickets to the Moving Families Forward Gala call 914-579-1000, email: ackermanGala@BuckleyHallEvents.com, or click here.